Benefits of Getting Invisalign Braces
Invisalign braces are designed to correct minor to moderate orthodontic issues with less hassle and discomfort compared to traditional metal braces. The Invisalign trays gradually move teeth into their proper position, resulting in straighter teeth. Using the Invisalign aligners also makes it easier to maintain good oral health. There are also many other benefits to getting Invisalign braces.
- Nearly Invisible – One of the most popular benefits patients of Invisalign enjoy is that the aligners are nearly invisible to the naked eye. Nobody has to know you are in the process of getting your teeth straightened and Invisalign helps keep your secret. The clear plastic Invisalign aligners clearly show your teeth as normal. If you had traditional metal braces, everyone is able to see the brackets and wires visible on each individual tooth.
- Eat what You Love – With Invisalign, you are required to remove the aligner from your mouth every time you eat. This means you can enjoy all of the foods you love without worrying that it will affect your aligners. Traditional metal braces limit what types of food you can eat because certain foods can get stuck in the brackets and cause issues.
- Removable – Do you have a special occasion coming up soon? You can easily and quickly remove your invisalign aligners at any time, especially for a special occasion. Although removing the trays are easy and quick, your goal is to wear them as much as possible, so make sure it is truly a special occasion when you do remove them. Otherwise you can prolong your treatment.
- Brush and Floss – Another important benefit of wearing removable Invisalign braces is that you can care for your teeth as normal. Brushing and flossing is highly recommended and should be part of your normal oral hygiene routine. Being able to continue a general oral hygiene routine such as flossing and brushing reduces the amount of plaque buildup. If you were to wear traditional metal braces, brushing is a task and flossing is barely an option.
- Comfort – While metal braces, brackets and wires can cause irritation to your cheeks and gums, Invisalign braces are a smooth plastic that is comfortable and reduces the risk of irritation to your mouth and gums.
- Affordable – Depending on the individual patient, there is a possibility that there can be less office visits for Invisalign patients compared to those who have metal braces. The amount of time for the entire treatment from beginning to end can also be a shorter time frame with Invisalign, ultimately making the Invisalign treatment less costly and more affordable compared to metal braces.
Adults and teens that have minor to moderate orthodontic issues are great candidates for Invisalign. Visit your orthodontist today to confirm if using Invisalign is a suitable option for your needs. Once you get the ok from your orthodontist, you can enjoy knowing that you are taking good care of your teeth and gradually straightening them with invisible aligners.
Many Invisalign patients are happy to wear their aligners as much as possible and even happier knowing that everyone around them isn’t noticing anything different about them during their treatment. Metal braces are highly visible to everyone and can cause someone using them to become overly sensitive or self cautious about their braces and their looks, eventually resulting in low self esteem. With Invisalign, you are the only one that knows you are wearing the aligners and the only thing others will notice about you is how your teeth are gradually looking better and better. The end result is a bright, straight, happy smile.